From Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley’s roundtable on the future of renewable energy in Maryland, to a keynote address on electric vehicles, to exhibits by national solar and wind energy companies to fun rides on all-electric Segways, there is something for everyone at the Second Annual Solar and Wind Expo, which will be held May 13-15.
“The Solar and Wind Expo is a clearinghouse of information for the public on the latest news and information regarding green energy,” explains Solar and Wind Expo Executive Director George Lopez.
Maryland Governor to Speak
Governor O’Malley will open the Expo at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, May 13, with an energy summit, a review of strategies, and a discussion of industry trends and opportunities. The governor seeks public input on Maryland’s energy future as we continue to create a smarter, greener, more sustainable and prosperous Maryland.
Chelsea Sexton, a well-known EV advocate that SolarChargedDriving.Com has written about, will present the keynote address on Saturday, May 14, at noon. She will update Expo attendees on the future of electric vehicles.
Sexton is a veteran clean transportation and energy advocate. She has served as Director of the Automotive X PRIZE, Senior Advisor to VantagePoint Venture Partners’ Cleantech practice, and co-founder of Plug In America, the largest consumer-oriented electric drive advocacy group. She founded the Lightning Rod Foundation, an advisory and educational organization. Sexton is also a Consulting Producer on Chris Paine’s just-released film, Revenge of the Electric Car.
Consumer seminars will focus on topics such as:
- Benefits of Switching to Renewable Energy
- Solar, Wind and Geothermal Power and Why Now is the Time
- The Consumer’s Checklist for Saving Energy and Sustaining our Environment
- Financing Programs Available Right Now
- Solar Purchasing Plans to Fit Your Budget
- Benefits of Weatherization
- Energy Efficiency/Clean Energy Quiz
- Solar Water Heating: A Mature Technology with Enormous Potential
- Community-Initiated Solar PV Systems Using a Power Purchase Agreement
- Green Building Design
- Design, Procure, and Construct an Innovative Renewable Energy System
The Expo will host seminars for renewable energy professionals on Friday, May 13.
The Solar and Wind Expo’s hours are 9:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Friday, May 13, and 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, May 14 & 15. Tickets are $12 for adults, $10 if purchased online; children under 12 admitted free. Discounts are available online.
- KB Home makes solar standard on some houses
- Going solar in Littleton, Colo.
- Solar 101
- SolarCity brings solar leasing to Northeast