As a citizen who cares deeply about the general health of the planet, globally, and locally, I urge you to read this letter.
Basically, this letter makes the case that states should:
- hold on to current gas-powered fleet cars a couple extra years;
- use the savings this would entail to purchase electric vehicles down the road;
Doing so, according to the authors, would:
- keep millions of dollars now flowing out of states every year to foreign countries/oil companies in those states;
- save taxpayers money
- clean up the air locally and globally
- reduce global warming
- encourage public adoption of EVs, which, unlike gas cars, can be powered completely by renewable energy sources such as solar & wind
Please consider creating an electric fleet for your state.
Aurora, Colorado, USA