I was walking through Denver, Colorado’s Park Hill neighborhood yesterday afternoon when I saw an REC Solar truck on the side of the road.
Sure enough, it was parked in front of the house that I’d noticed a couple of days earlier had what had seemed, back then, like a rather strange sign given that the home had no solar panels: “This home powered by REC Solar.”
REC Solar installed the 5.59 kW home solar system on our Aurora, Colo., home’s rooftop two years ago that has now produced nearly 2 megawatts of solar electricity, or nearly twice as much as we’ve actually used (this because we haven’t been able to get the electric car we thought we’d have by now).
Since REC Solar had installed our system, I decided to chat it up with the REC crew. I asked about Tim and Dustin, who were part of the crew that installed our system. They’re still at REC Solar, though they’ve moved up the ranks.
- Solar Leasing Police say buy your solar -- or else!
- Study: Solar leasing starting to outstrip buying
- 5 reasons to lease vs. 5 reasons to buy solar
- Georgia HOA denies couple their solar dream
- Activists send message in HOA solar battle
- Nebraska man battles HOA for right to solar
- SolarCity brings solar leasing to Northeast
- Going solar in Littleton, Colorado
- Solar leasing available in 11 states + D.C. by Feb.
- Solar leasing spurs national growth for Calif. firm
- Walking the talk by going solar: Weighing the bids
- Hawaii says Aloha to solar with no money down
- Walking the talk by going solar: Part I
- SunRun brings solar leasing to Pennsylvania
- Unique solar program helps non-profits go solar
- Going solar in sunny Colorado: A photo gallery
- Texas HOA drops suit against solar homeowner
- An HOA (ours) gives go-ahead to go solar
- Do HOAs impede green progress? Part II
- Are HOAs holding up environmental progress?
- Geoscape Solar grows leasing and solar in N.J.
- Solar leasing now available in North Texas
- Questioning the buying-is-better-than-leasing view
- A solar expert compares leasing to buying
- Waiting for a solar (lease) revolution
- Solar competition heats up in Colorado
- Residential solar leasing lands in Colorado
- Going solar: Introduction
- Going solar: Economic considerations
- Going solar: Environmental considerations
- Going solar: Political and personal considerations
- Going solar: Putting it all together
- Solar company directory
- Solar resources
- Questions to ask a solar consultant
- Editor's solar story: Solar a lifelong interest