News features: Editorials & columns
Now that spring has rolled in the temperature isn't the only thing that's going up: So is my solar electric production.
My 8.775 kW system can produce up to 60 kWh a day under ideal conditions. That's enough to power my all-electric ActiveE over 200 miles, or enough to power it about 100 miles and supply all the power my house needs for an average day.
Pretty cool stuff. Powering my car and my house for the day on pure sunlight is really awesome.
- Bringing an open mind to solar-charged driving
- Solar-charging an EV means big fuel cost savings
- Surprise: Gas cars use more electricity than EVs
- Loading the dice on climate change
- Looking for a few good solar-charged writers
- Artificial EV sounds will add to noise pollution
- I Love Solar Drivers
- Let's make every day Earth Day
- Will new ads deliver home run for the Volt?
- Solar power and bike sharing a green mix
- Era of electric cars may be closer than we think
- Electric car perks are tempting
- Time to wake up to the true price of gasoline
- Our obsession with carbon has some downsides
- SCD.Com welcomes reader submissions