News features: Editorials & columns
If you had something important to say to the President, how much would you spend to get his ear?
On June 7, I'll be eating lunch with President Obama for $32,400. Two dozen other high-dollar donors will be there, but I'll be the only one in the room who does his own laundry. I'm not wealthy--I'm spending a large percentage of my retirement savings, at age 60, to sit at the table.
Because it's a deeply troubling time in our country and in our world. Whether you choose to believe it or not, climate change is a greater threat to life on Earth than at any time in modern history.
- Making a play in NFL could help solar score big
- Bringing an open mind to solar-charged driving
- Solar-charging an EV means big fuel cost savings
- Surprise: Gas cars use more electricity than EVs
- Loading the dice on climate change
- Looking for a few good solar-charged writers
- Artificial EV sounds will add to noise pollution
- I Love Solar Drivers
- Let's make every day Earth Day
- Will new ads deliver home run for the Volt?
- Solar power and bike sharing a green mix
- Era of electric cars may be closer than we think
- Electric car perks are tempting
- Time to wake up to the true price of gasoline
- Our obsession with carbon has some downsides
- SCD.Com welcomes reader submissions