on EV + PV
I did not plan on having an all-electric Nissan LEAF as my ONLY car. But that's the situation I've got now -- and had for the past four months thanks to a marriage separation that happened in the beginning of August.
(I apologize for the caps on "ONLY" -- sort of. I bet 90 percent, maybe even 95 percent of LEAF owners have a second gas/EREV/PHEV car as their long-distance vehicle, meaning my situation is highly unusual. Note to Nissan: You should keep track of stats on who's driving a LEAF as a second car, or an only car.)
My wife took our lone gas car, a 2014 Subaru Forester, with her back in August, and I have our 2014 Nissan LEAF, which I've been leasing since March.
No doubt, for most people, including me, having a second gas car in the household, or better yet, an EREV such as a Volt (having one BEV and one EREV, both fueled by home solar generated electricity was my dream, but not my wife's) is a preferable situation to trying to go solely with a full electric vehicle -- unless you've got the money for a Tesla Model S.
- 1,000 YouTube views for EV + PV Love Story
- Dissing a solar-charged Tesla Model S
- Range superiority biggest advantage of Model S
- An EV + PV love story
- Our solar PV system no longer an EV 'virgin'
- Solar EV, e-bike charging taking off in France
- Tesla's big dream for a solar-charged world
- EV + PV + battery storage and Hurricane Sandy
- Is using solar-offset to charge an EV cheating?
- Green Chevy Volt drivers post EV+PV stats online
- EV + PV Independence Week: Sexier solar
- Talking EV + PV at Renewable Energy Forum
- Solar-charged EV revolution stuck in first gear
- Maybe EV + PV doesn't pay off after all
- Multilingual kids or a solar-charged electric car?
- Paying tribute to an EV+PV pioneer: Doug Korthof
- We told you so: EV + PV takes off!
- Home solar is so much sexier with an EV
- Donate solar kWh or use them for a future EV?
- Celebrate fueling freedom on Independence Day
- Solar system rolls up extra kWh for our future EV
- He's pissed off at solar-charged electric cars
- 10 EV+PV tips for the progressive solar company
- Save extra solar kWh you produce for your EV
- Solar-charging no better than coal? Part 2
- Solar-charging: No better than plugging into coal?
- Cut the earth a break: Solar-charge an EV
- Volt + LEAF + solar combo = little to no gas
- Solar purists don't like gasoline savings claim
- Solar energy + electric car combo is no turkey
- Solar delivers 10,000 Sun Miles® for an EV
- Solar as EV ‘gas’ can pay more than feed-in tariffs
- There's a better way than oil: Solar
- Is EV+PV too weird for The New York Times?
- Savings add up fast with EV+PV combo
- Home solar nets $1,000 worth of "gas" in 81 days
- Solar before the EV the way to go for many
- How many PV+EV miles could you be banking?
- First month with solar nets 2,600 banked EV miles
- Yes, we can do renewable energy + electric cars
- Solar can replace oil -- and eliminate your gas costs
- Why solar-charged driving should rev you up
- 1st week with solar = smiles and Sun Miles™
- Re-doing the solar math on the Nissan LEAF
- Another reason to solar-charge: Tanker crashes
- Solar payback comes early for solar-charged driver
- Why solar is an electric car game-changer
- What comes first - the solar system or the EV?
- Would solar-charged cars hurt public transportation?
Web blogs by current solar-charged drivers
-- Peder Norby's Electric BMW ActiveE Blog
-- Darell Dickey's EV Nut Web Site
-- Doug Korthof's Live Oil Free Pages
-- The Solar-Charged Electric Car Page
-- Solar Power and Electric Cars
-- Sun Powered EVs
-- Ecogeeco Web Site