on EV + PV
A quick follow-up to my entry on the NYT-inspired “Model S Gate”: The New York Times put its Reader Representative Margaret Sullivan on the Tesla Model S case. In an entry published today (Feb. 18), Sullivan concludes that NYT reporter John Broder wasn’t as careful as he should have been in following written directions which explain how to properly do a long-distance trip in a Model S. She also chides Tesla for not sufficiently emphasizing the proper long-distance Model S regimen with Broder.
However, the real news in terms of my previous entry in which I contend Tesla CEO Elon Musk is right to take on gas cars on their home field, the long-distance road trip, is that, sadly (believe me, I would love for most consumers to give EVs a fair chance), a bunch of the comments below Sullivan’s article confirm what I argue in my earlier column: The average person emphasizes convenience and versatility above ALL other factors when weighing whether to ditch an old technology (gas cars) for a new one (pure EVs).
Check out this doozy of a comment from “Nancy” from Great Neck, complete with “high” caliber grammar and spelling -->
Believe me, there are many other similar comments below Sullivan’s entry.
- Solar EV, e-bike charging taking off in France
- Tesla's big dream for a solar-charged world
- Home solar PV + EV = solar-charged driving
- EV + PV + battery storage and Hurricane Sandy
- Is using solar-offset to charge an EV cheating?
- Green Chevy Volt drivers post EV+PV stats online
- EV + PV Independence Week: Sexier solar
- Talking EV + PV at Renewable Energy Forum
- Solar-charged EV revolution stuck in first gear
- Maybe EV + PV doesn't pay off after all
- Multilingual kids or a solar-charged electric car?
- Paying tribute to an EV+PV pioneer: Doug Korthof
- We told you so: EV + PV takes off!
- Home solar is so much sexier with an EV
- Donate solar kWh or use them for a future EV?
- Celebrate fueling freedom on Independence Day
- Solar system rolls up extra kWh for our future EV
- He's pissed off at solar-charged electric cars
- 10 EV+PV tips for the progressive solar company
- Save extra solar kWh you produce for your EV
- Solar-charging no better than coal? Part 2
- Solar-charging: No better than plugging into coal?
- Cut the earth a break: Solar-charge an EV
- Volt + LEAF + solar combo = little to no gas
- Solar purists don't like gasoline savings claim
- Solar energy + electric car combo is no turkey
- Solar delivers 10,000 Sun Miles® for an EV
- Solar as EV ‘gas’ can pay more than feed-in tariffs
- There's a better way than oil: Solar
- Is EV+PV too weird for The New York Times?
- Savings add up fast with EV+PV combo
- Home solar nets $1,000 worth of "gas" in 81 days
- Solar before the EV the way to go for many
- How many PV+EV miles could you be banking?
- First month with solar nets 2,600 banked EV miles
- Yes, we can do renewable energy + electric cars
- Solar can replace oil -- and eliminate your gas costs
- Why solar-charged driving should rev you up
- 1st week with solar = smiles and Sun Miles™
- Re-doing the solar math on the Nissan LEAF
- Another reason to solar-charge: Tanker crashes
- Solar payback comes early for solar-charged driver
- Why solar is an electric car game-changer
- What comes first - the solar system or the EV?
- Would solar-charged cars hurt public transportation?
Web blogs by current solar-charged drivers
-- Peder Norby's Electric BMW ActiveE Blog
-- Darell Dickey's EV Nut Web Site
-- Doug Korthof's Live Oil Free Pages
-- The Solar-Charged Electric Car Page
-- Solar Power and Electric Cars
-- Sun Powered EVs
-- Ecogeeco Web Site