on EV + PV
So, okay, how's this for more than a little bit of irony: Almost exactly four years ago I founded SolarChargedDriving.Com with the full intention of plugging an EV into home solar as soon as possible at our Aurora, Colo. home.
Now, someone other than ourselves, in this case tenants who are renting our sunny Colorado home (notwithstanding the week of rain last week, Colorado really IS sunny) while my family and I spend a year in, ahem, not-very-sunny-at-all Hamburg, Germany, has become the first person to plug into solar-charged driving at the home of SolarChargedDriving.Com.
- Range superiority biggest advantage of Model S
- An EV + PV love story
- Our solar PV system no longer an EV 'virgin'
- Solar EV, e-bike charging taking off in France
- Tesla's big dream for a solar-charged world
- EV + PV + battery storage and Hurricane Sandy
- Is using solar-offset to charge an EV cheating?
- Green Chevy Volt drivers post EV+PV stats online
- EV + PV Independence Week: Sexier solar
- Talking EV + PV at Renewable Energy Forum
- Solar-charged EV revolution stuck in first gear
- Maybe EV + PV doesn't pay off after all
- Multilingual kids or a solar-charged electric car?
- Paying tribute to an EV+PV pioneer: Doug Korthof
- We told you so: EV + PV takes off!
- Home solar is so much sexier with an EV
- Donate solar kWh or use them for a future EV?
- Celebrate fueling freedom on Independence Day
- Solar system rolls up extra kWh for our future EV
- He's pissed off at solar-charged electric cars
- 10 EV+PV tips for the progressive solar company
- Save extra solar kWh you produce for your EV
- Solar-charging no better than coal? Part 2
- Solar-charging: No better than plugging into coal?
- Cut the earth a break: Solar-charge an EV
- Volt + LEAF + solar combo = little to no gas
- Solar purists don't like gasoline savings claim
- Solar energy + electric car combo is no turkey
- Solar delivers 10,000 Sun Miles® for an EV
- Solar as EV ‘gas’ can pay more than feed-in tariffs
- There's a better way than oil: Solar
- Is EV+PV too weird for The New York Times?
- Savings add up fast with EV+PV combo
- Home solar nets $1,000 worth of "gas" in 81 days
- Solar before the EV the way to go for many
- How many PV+EV miles could you be banking?
- First month with solar nets 2,600 banked EV miles
- Yes, we can do renewable energy + electric cars
- Solar can replace oil -- and eliminate your gas costs
- Why solar-charged driving should rev you up
- 1st week with solar = smiles and Sun Miles™
- Re-doing the solar math on the Nissan LEAF
- Another reason to solar-charge: Tanker crashes
- Solar payback comes early for solar-charged driver
- Why solar is an electric car game-changer
- What comes first - the solar system or the EV?
- Would solar-charged cars hurt public transportation?
Web blogs by current solar-charged drivers
-- Peder Norby's Electric BMW ActiveE Blog
-- Darell Dickey's EV Nut Web Site
-- Doug Korthof's Live Oil Free Pages
-- The Solar-Charged Electric Car Page
-- Solar Power and Electric Cars
-- Sun Powered EVs
-- Ecogeeco Web Site